Tuesday, June 25, 2013

# 4 - 23 Shots

Well I'm not totally psyched to report this one but it was achieved and therefore must be documented.  On a rest day from the hand bruising magnificent cracks of Indian Creek we embarked on a challenge I wasn't entirely sure we could handle....we took 23 shots within 24 hours...each.

We attempted to be diligent and clever in order to make this as painless as possible.  Therefore we took shot number 1 at 3:38 a.m. before going back to sleep.  Once awaking, we tried to take another roughly every 30 minutes.  Until you are taking shots every 30 minutes you don't realize how fast the time goes.  I felt like every time I turned around it was time for another one...miserable.  We didn't waste the day, Kyle being the kind gentleman that he was drove us to town to take showers, be our caretaker and recorder (marking our arms when another shot was down).  The day was never-ending and resulted in Kathleen passing out early after dinner while I forgot to eat and ended up drinking three quarters of a gallon of milk that night.  Much to my surprise I wasn't very hungover and I was able to jam my hands into some amazing lines the next day.  I am happy to have this one done and I will never attempt something like this again.  Done Did!

About 12 shots in...looking our finest (post shower)
Get Giddy!
22 ticks + 1 star = 23 shots, Done Did!

No comments:

Post a Comment